Attending: Kristi, Valerie, Lise, Hugh, Adrian, Heather, Terri.
- Journal club
- Peer teaching
- Role play/dramatization (indicate learner is doing role play and explicitly exclude standardized patients)
- Standardized patient (subsumed under simulation)
- Tutorial is direct teaching by a faculty to single or small group of students that specifically excludes mentoring, team-based learning, and problem-based learning. (is that right?)
- Narrative evaluation. Includes comments as part of an overall evaluation and resident/faculty observation of students.
- Portfolio review (formative)
- Portfolio-based assessment (summative)
- Oral patient presentation
- OSCE – subsumed by clinical performance exam.
- Observation – must be documented.
- Script concordance – subsumed by clinical performance exam & exam – institutionally developed, written.
- Essay – subsumed by Research or project report and reflection.
- Faculty observation – small group – subsumed by Rating/checklist and Narrative evaluation.
- Exam - Institutionally Developed, Written changed to Exam - Institutionally Developed, Written or Oral
- Checklist changed to Rating/checklist. Includes resident/faculty observation of students.
- Research report changed to research or project report. Definition includes community health project.
- Clinical performance exam definition should include resident/faculty observation of students.
- Peer observation – clinical and Peer observation – small group collapsed into Peer assessment.