Hugh, Lise, Kristi, Terri, Adrian, Heather
Terri asked what it would take to do a reliability study. Kristi recommended identifying a scenario that describes something and ask people to categorize it. She recommended getting the list in use in parallel with doing a reliability study and collecting data from both actual use and the study.
The group made the following decisions regarding the vocabulary:
- Change clinical documentation to review of clinical documentation
- Add learner looking at a video of self to description of self assessment
- Make distinction between mentorship and preceptorship clearer
- Add coaching to definition of mentorship
- Add multimedia production to project assessment
- Change journal article to Printed materials (or digital equivalent) (add textbook, journal articles, handouts, etc to definition)
- Lectures (add can include recorded lectures)
- Under plastinated specimens, see also wet lab.
- Clarify wet lab includes specimens and histology slides
- Audience response, remove large from definition
- Move autopsy to demonstration
- Add skeleton to cadaver as synonym
- Case based learning - add see also PBL and TBL
- Change small group to 12
- Change clinical correlation to resource; remove from synonym list for clinical experience
- (change DNI to only "Portfolio-based assessment," since "Portfolio Review" was removed from list)
- Demonstration – add lab to dni
- Small group discussion – add dni pbl, tbl
- Stimulated recall to assessment ( could be sp, real patient, exam. Faculty member having student talk through why they made that decision)
- Concept mapping (instructional method)
- Games or games theory
- Electronic health record/electronic medical record to resources
- Film/Video to resources
- Audio to resources
Hugh recommended bringing up feedback as an instructional method on Thursday’s call.
Schedule another meeting of the committee.