Kevin Souza commented :
Here are some of the things I took away from the presentation. I have not added them to the document since some are my own ideas/opinions.
We had 12 people in the audience, 7 of them were not part of the project.
- Establish protocols to vet self-reported data; included an attribute for "Intensity" of experience. I imagine this could be similar to the way we describe an authorship role when we are not first author on a paper.
- Consolidate Informal and Formal Extra-curricular into one Extra-curricular category and then have "verified" and "un-verified" as an attribute of the entry.
- We learned that ERAS is being rebuilt is there a way to leverage this to facilitate some of the data transfer?
- What lessons can we learn from the implementation of AAMC's ERAS and VSP applications?
- Over time, more of the informal extracurricular activities will become portfolio entries since most of them can be linked to one of the 6 ACGME competencies. This will provide a more natural context of their "Intensity."
- Add category for Legacy Projects/Publications. I hesitate to use the word "Scholarship" since students think first of financial support, not academic scholarship.
• Teaching and mentoring
- MedBiquitious Standards Items:
• Add PubMed ID for publications for easy verification
• Intensity attribute for extra-curricular activities