Child pages
  • 2018-04-11
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC, April 11, 2018

Luke, Joel, Valerie


No TSC meeting in May besides the annual conference. Would like to have Jon provide examples.

1. Decisions on use of OData/JSONAPI.  See minutes -

Joel noted it’s possible to use OData on every platform, but it’s not as easy as it should be. It seems like PHP, it’s as easy to use JSON API as it is for a Java programmer to use OData. We started thinking can we re-examine the requirements. Maybe it’s too early to jump on this. Tooling is not up there. Maybe we can do key things simpler. Luke noted it seems like a good approach given the popularity of PHP.

Joel added that Tom Creighton noted that some calls may need to return a message that processing is not complete, check back later. HTTP 202 is the status code used. We may need to deal with long running requests. Polling may not be the best thing to do.

2. Planning for TSC session at the Annual Conference

Valerie will send a note to the TSC asking to confirm attendance at the Baltimore meeting. Joel will follow up with Jon and Sascha in a couple weeks. We’ll organize the meeting by email.


  • No labels