Virtual Patient development tools will be certified to be conformant with the base specification. Initially certification will cover export only.
To receive export certification, tools must adhere to the following:
- Cases authored using the tool must validate against the MVP schemas.
- Exported MVP packages must pass the conformance test suite in SCORM 2004 4th edition.
- The authoring tool must be capable of using and exporting media files.
- Exported cases must include at least one element within the virtualpatientdata.xml file that contains data.
- Exported cases must contain at least one element withing the dataavailabilitymodel.xml file that contains a reference to data within the virtualpatientdata.xml file.
- Any requirements not incorporated in the schemas may be included on a checklist, and exported packages must meet the requirements stipulated on the checklist.
- Cases authored using the tool must validate against the validation tool available at: http://code.google.com/p/mvp-evip-xslt-test-suite/
Note that xsd files must be updated as indicated here. (need to write instructions). A list ofwhat the tools validates is available.
For the group to consider, if we develop a rest service or web based form for the tool, that will require sys admin support and will increase certification costs.