Get Ready for Roll Out! A Standards Implementation Workshop
Sascha Cohen, University of California San Francisco
James Fiore, American Board of Surgery
Valerie Smothers, MedBiquitous
June 6, 2017
Objective: By the end of this workshop, you will be able to identify the key considerations when implementing MedBiquitous standards for data exchange, systems integration or system development.
- Introductions and interests
- Collecting data/content from disparate sources
- Sending data/content to a common source
- Broad sharing of data/content
- Enabling system design, integration or 1 to 1 partner collaboration
- How do your requirements map to the MedBiquitous standard(s)?
- Do you/your partner have additional requirements for things that are in the standard?
- Additional elements not in the standard?
- Rules beyond what is in the XML schema?
- Agreement with partner on spec version
- Coding to a draft spec – risks and rewards
- Plan for subsequent version releases
- Local schema?
- Ns.medbiq.org schema (no service guarantee)?
- Program implementing business rules?
- No validation?
Data governance/data exchange policies
- Who will determine policies?
- How will they be communicated or enforced?
Data exchange models
- Closed model – known entities (restful vs soap web services)
- Open model/linked data – unknown data requesters
- Interpretation question – full working group (can go through Valerie)
- Implementer discussion lists – open to all
- MedBiquitous meetings/other implementers
- Documentation on the website
- Vendor selection
Working group list
Implementers list and how to join
- Activity report implementers: firstname.lastname@example.org ( subscribe )
- Curriculum inventory implementers: email@example.com ( subscribe )
- Professional profile implementers: firstname.lastname@example.org ( subscribe )
- Virtual patient implementers: email@example.com ( subscribe )
Contact Valerie if you think we should start an additional implementers list.
5 things to know before you start
- Define your objectives and get buy in
- Get the specification and schema
- Figure out your requirements and map them to the specification
- Join the implementers list if available
- Tell Valerie! firstname.lastname@example.org