Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Information

Date:

November 22, 2010

Time:

10 CST/11 AM EST

Please note: the conferencing service will ask you to enter the pound sign. Press # for pound.
To mute, press *6.

Attending: Mike Zarski, Chair; Valerie Smothers, Staff; Paul Jolly, Don Kooker, Tarang Shah, Toby Vandemark

Agenda Items

1 Review minutes of last meeting

The minutes were accepted.

2 Discuss data modeling of ABIM hospital medicine certificate

Don commented that the text file Valerie sent prior to the call reflected how they will be sending data using the current specification. The problem with that representation of the new hospital medicine certificate is that is does not show how the regular Internal Medicine certificate and the Internal Medicine with Focus in Hospital Medicine certificate are tied together. Indicating the focus area within a certificate issuance would do much to clarify the situation.

Valerie asked if other focus areas were possible in Internal Medicine or other specialties. Don commented that ambulatory and HIV focus areas have been discussed but are on hold for now. It is possible that in the next 5 years the entire approach will go away. Family Medicine is also issuing something related to hospital medicine, but they are treating it more like a subspecialty. In Internal Medicine, the Hospital Medicine certificate replaces the regular Internal Medicine certificate.

Valerie agreed to draft a version of the specification integrating the Focus area element and circulate to the group for discussion.

3 Identify data elements that may require attachments

Mike asked the group is anyone had suggestions for elements that require attachments. No suggestions were put forward. Mike asked Valerie to email the group asking them to identify elements that need attachments. We will keep attachments as an item on the agenda for the next meeting.

4 Open discussion

Mike asked Valerie if there were any updates related to the annual meeting. Valerie replied that abstracts had been accepted and that authors would be receiving notifications shortly. The executive committee was impressed by the quality of the abstracts.

Bob Galbraith will be a keynote speaker and speak about the use of e-folios as a tool for learning an improvement across the continuum of education. MedBiquitous has also invited Sachin Jain, special advisor to the National Coordinator for healthcare IT, to speak about education and meaningful use. Each speaker will have a reactor panel that provides commentary and discussion.

Registration and the full agenda will be available on the website shortly.

Decisions

Action Items

Valerie will draft a version of the specification integrating the Focus area element and circulate to the group for discussion.

Valerie will email the group asking them to identify elements that need attachments.

  • No labels